Business Meeting to Vote on Recommendations
Vote #1: Recommendations Considered En Bloc:
- Requiring Data to be Entered into Committee Scheduling Tool: House Rules or policies should require entering of committee meeting times into the shared committee scheduling tool.
- Report on Members Voting Late: The House should publish a regular report noting the cumulative time individual members voted after the allotted time.
- Opportunities to Learn from other Legislatures: The Committee on House Administration and the Committee on Rules should conduct semi-regular, bipartisan international CODELs to learn about other legislatures and to facilitate better collaboration and understanding among committee members.
- Bipartisan New Member Update Seminar: The Committee on House Administration should offer a voluntary seminar for new members well into the start of their term.
- Align the Treatment of Member Travel-Related Expenses with the Private Sector and Federal Agencies: The House should align travel related expense reimbursement rules for members with standard business travel practices in the private sector and other parts of the federal government.
- Modernization Subcommittee: The House should provide a home for ongoing modernization work within the Committee on House Administration.
- Regular Modernization Select Committees: The House should authorize a Modernization Select Committee at least every fourth Congress.
Vote to adopt the Committee report containing the seven approved recommendations and report it favorably to the House.
Vote to adopt the Committee’s Final Report for the 117th Congress containing the 104 recommendations this Committee has passed in total and report it favorably to the House.