Jurisdiction and Rules
According to the House Rules adopted on January 4, 2019, the sole authority of the Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress shall be to investigate, study, make findings, hold public hearings, and develop recommendations on modernizing Congress, including recommendations on -
- rules to promote a more modern and efficient Congress;
- procedures, including the schedule and calendar;
- policies to develop the next generation of leaders;
- staff recruitment, diversity, retention and compensation and benefits;
- administrative efficiencies, including purchasing, travel, outside servics, and shared administrative staff;
- technology and innovation; and
- the work of the House Commission on Congressional Mailing Standards.
The Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress has adopted rules for the 116th Congress. Click here to read the rules.