Jurisdiction and Rules
According to the House Rules adopted on January 4, 2019, the sole authority of the Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress shall be to investigate, study, make findings, hold public hearings, and develop recommendations on modernizing Congress. This includes recommendations on -
- procedures, including the schedule and calendar
- policies to develop the next generation of leaders
- staff recruitment, diversity, retention, compensation, and benefits
- administrative efficiencies, including; purchasing, travel, outside services, and shared administrative staff
- technology and innovation
- Congressional Mailing Standards.
The Select Committee shall not have legislative jurisdiction and shall have no authority to take legislative action on any bill or resolution.
The Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress has adopted rules for the 117th Congress. Click here to read the rules.